Thursday, July 14, 2016

Who's Idea was it to Hike?

Ian borrowed my laptop for the time he and Ev are in Alabama for two weeks. I didn't think it would be a problem. I just wouldn't be able to watch anything, write anything or do much by way of computers. That being said, I've done a lot of dishes, cooking and hanging out with Jane....

We've watched a lot of movies, but mixed it in with an equal amount of work and errands. I kept hearing from people how cool the Lime Kiln hike is and how we should do it. So Jane and I decided to give it a go. Mom has so many people in so many different directions, she didn't seem at all concerned about two of her girls going hiking. Rosie, not so much. So loaded with pepper spray and directions not to get kidnapped or mugged, we set off. 


The hike itself was okay, a little boring besides the cute little butterflies everywhere. The destination was pretty cool. The Lime Kiln was awesome and huge, but I have to admit we loved the river even more (it was about a mile further on). We spent a good half hour eating lunch and enjoying the river view before we stacked a couple more cairns and heading out. 




We finished the day off with fish tacos with Gracie Hacking, watched Champagne for Caesar and The Village (once Jane was in bed)... After all that, Gracie and I talked until nearly two before falling asleep. It was an awesome day!


No comments:

Post a Comment