Monday, November 21, 2016

Thankfulness

So I was cutting vegetable for dinner the other night and the knife slipped cause it was (is) dull, cutting my finger. Last time I cut myself while cooking was seriously like two years ago. I don't do it often, so I was frustrated and missing my knives. My good, sharp knives back at home. Then I thought how lucky I am to have a good knife set, which got me thinking about thankfulness.

This is Thanksgiving week and it's not just for turkey and pumpkin pie, but about gratitude. So I decided to do a super small list of things I'm thankful for.

1. My family. It's been almost two months since I left, but I still get to talk to them. Which leads me to...

2. Skype and all the other wonderful ways of communicating. Since I've been gone, I've used Skype, Facetime, Google Hangout, Messenger, email, Facebook, text, phone calls and even some snail mail. Getting mail is always fun, but I am soooo incredibly thankful for all the other ways I can communicate that are instantaneous, where I can see faces, send pictures and ask for advice "in person"

3. Friends. In the last few months especially, I have realized what a unique group of friends I have. The ones who keep me laughing, the ones (all of you) who put up with the overload of niece pictures, the ones who stay up way too late writing text stories and having sticker battles, the ones who pray for me... Just to name a few.

4. My little family here. They're awesome and kind. We play a lot of games after dinner, eat a lot of chocolate, cook, shop and do house projects. It's a lot of fun!

5. My bed back home. I am so excited for my trailer bedroom, the thin foam mattress and the multitude of blankets to keep warm (cause it's freezing in the winter).

6. Noise. Being away has made me realize how much I miss the chaos of more than one conversation happening at once, music playing in the background, people cooking, typing, singing... The quiet has been nice in its own way, but I've found I play music or have cooking shows playing in the background quite frequently.

I could go on forever with things I'm thankful for. Like chocolate, taste buds, Hobby Lobby coupons, dishwashers, cheese... But I'll stop here and wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment