Saturday, November 5, 2016

A Happy Quest for Fall

The "cabin fever" set in this week. For the past month, I have only gone out twice or so times a week. Compared to the somewhat crazy schedule at home where I usually go out at least once a day and often times will be out for hours running errands, chauffeuring kids and such. The first couple weeks were lovely, with no pressure, no demand to get ready for the day first thing each morning. All I did was wash dishes, watch Elsa, workout and clean. My batteries are finally recharged.

Today was lovely, I had a leisurely morning tidying up my room, bathroom and the upstairs bonus room where Elsa and I spend the majority of our time together. It's cozy up there with a giant air mattress and a super comfortable couch, plus the the surplus of books on one wall and the projector making it into a in-home theater. 

In the afternoon, I headed out. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do. I wanted to drive and see fall, drink something warm and then pick up the few items I needed before heading back. Getsome Coffee has the best raspberry white chocolate mocha, so I got one of those on my way out. I first went to Miss Lucille's, a sweet warehouse filled with booths of antiques and knick-knacks. It's a fun place to browse. 

After that, clueless of how far away it was, and without a GPS to help me if I got lost (I rarely do), I decided to venture to Port Royal State Park. It turned out to be a lovely drive down a windy highway and about twenty minutes off of the main highway. 


The view from the parking lot of the Red Fork river. I met a nice lady who was waiting for her client to arrive. She was a photographer and we talked for a few minutes and she told me about several places to check out at the park. 




And so I found fall!! It was fun to see all the deciduous trees and the crunching leaves on the ground.


I loved the vibrant greens against the dulling orange leaves. It once again proved that fall is my favorite time of year.


This field was technically not on the park property and thus I trespassed, which made me think of my best friend and how much I've changed... This field made me happy! I didn't stay for long, but the red barn in the distance and all the beautifully colored trees with the bright blue sky was just what I needed to see. 

My adventure felt like it ended way too fast as I picked up a couple things from Hobby Lobby and a few ingredients to make pretzel bites and cheese sauce this week.... 

All in all, today was a happy day and I am thankful for where I'm at. 

1 comment: