Monday, February 5, 2018

Working Out

A few weeks ago, I started doing push ups. I started out with twenty-five a day. Nine days later, I was doing thirty a day. Now I'm doing thirty five. I haven't missed a day yet. I'm getting stronger, but some days, like today, I'm pretty sore and tired...

Today was a huge victory. Since I've been here, there hasn't been a lot of time to workout properly. I've fit in push ups, crunches and squats, but nothing else... Until today. After the first week of work was complete, I knew it was time to get going and make working out part of my afternoon routine. So I did. I know that with the nap scheduling, I have thirty minutes to work out and shower before Elena will probably wake up. That's with ZERO procrastination on either one. Today, I started jogging on the treadmill.

It's been a goal to "run" a mile for a very long time. Today, I did it. I ran a mile on the treadmill. I pushed myself. I don't know if I could do it again, but I did it today and that's what counts. I can only get better from here, faster, stronger, more stable. I'm excited to see myself come this far and it thrills me to know that the hard work I put in will pay off in so many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment