Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Skype and Traveling

Skype has been my best friend since I left home and traveled 3000 miles away. I've Skyped home pretty near every day. Some days we can't think of things to say, so we talk to Elsa. Or just make animal noises. Today, we got to talk to my grandma, Elsa's Great Grandma Z. It was fun to show her off and got Grandma some movement from the picture we post.

We left at 1:30 to Michigan to visit Lisa's family for Thanksgiving. It was a smooth trip up, we made fantastic time and Elsa was a doll, making animal noises, singing her version of the alphabet, eating... 

The moonrise was wonderful and that also helped pass time. That and Samuel let me use his phone as hotspot, so for a few minutes I was able to catch up and forget how long I had been seated in the same position. 

We got to the Balkema's and were welcomed so warmly. They are so special and great fun to hang out with, it feels natural, like second family. They live in a beautiful old brick house and I got the room they call 'the summet room' 


Besides that, checking Facebook this evening reminded me how wonderful the life God has given me is. I live with wonderful people and get to spend time watching and training my niece. 

 Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I will catch you up with my Michigan adventures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment