Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sisters

I've been in Tennessee now for 2 months and 16 days and for the first time since I've been gone, I've had visitors. Anna (20) and Rose (28) took a red eye on Thursday night to get here by 10 Friday morning. It is so good to see them. We talked about everything, ate chocolate, pretzels and aioli mustard, read stories to Elsa, watched her play and took pictures. It was so weird to have extra voices around the house during the day and to have such sarcastic and funny comebacks to things I'd say.

Rose, Elsa and I went out for a walk after Elsa's nap. I put her in her tan coat and my red floral print scarf and of course her black boots and she looked so adorable. I could hardly handle it. She loved the walk and picking up leaves, seeing dogs and getting around 200 pictures taken of her with hope that some will be clear. When we got back, her little nose and chubby cheeks were red with the cold, but she was so happy.

Once we got to bed that night, Anna and I shared a room for the first time since I left. It was amazing to get that special late night talk with her before bed. She had gotten maybe three or four hours of sleep the past two nights, so she was exhausted. She's still sleeping now.

Today we hang out with Samuel, Lisa and Elsa and tomorrow we venture out into Nashville. I'm excited for some of the places we're going to try and visit. The home of Andrew Jackson, the Nashville farmer's market and Crema Coffee for carbonated iced coffee and then the one I'm most excited about, Olan Roger's Soda Parlor. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment