Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Routine before a Break

Lisa wakes me up when she leaves. I go upstairs right after to sleep on the couch and make sure Elsa doesn't roll off the bed. Today, she woke and hour early, but instead of just getting up and throwing my entire schedule off by an hour, she snuggled with me on the couch and fell asleep. I couldn't ask for a more precious snuggle, although I fell asleep too. I think I'm still trying to catch up after the busy weekend.




I'm good at procrastinating. Like really good. The pile of dishes leftover from chocolate fondue over the weekend, the brownie pan, the crockpot and the baking pan from the chicken pot pie sat on the counter and my idea was to soak the nasty ones. It worked, but took me a good amount of time to get back to them. Even now, there are still dishes waiting to be washed.

During Elsa's nap, I worked out, showered and cleaned up some things in my room. I know I have to pack tonight, so I just wanted a little head start. After Samuel and Lisa get off work tomorrow, we make the eight hour drive to Kalamazoo to spend Thanksgiving with Lisa's family. I'm excited. They are awesome. Just imagine a family that has as many kids as my family does as well as the same number of girls vs. boys. It's a party and we all get along. 

I had to wake Elsa up from her nap, so now, I just have to tidy the house and pick up Elsa's toys with her. She get's distracted easily, so I end up doing the majority of the work. We'll put on music, either children's lullabies or Christmas music on Pandora. 


Today, I also hung out on Skype with Mom and the kids while she prepared a brine for the turkey. It was fun and Elsa loves visiting. Missing my friends and family even more this week, but it is only twenty-four days until I get back to Washington for the holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment