Monday, November 23, 2015

Adventures in Nashville

Saturday, with limited sun and a lot of rain, we went trap shooting at Montgomery Shooting Complex. It was fun. I've gotten better from the last and won both competitions we did. Just as we finished, it began raining, so it was perfect timing. We got white chocolate raspberry mochas on the way home. It was a good day.



Sunday, Rose, Anna and I left for Nashville early and explored Andrew Jackson's Hermitage. We spent a long time there touring the house and ground in the cold. We all agreed the cotton patch was the coolest part. We had never seen cotton growing before, so it was cool to see how it looks and be able to pick some.

You can't see much, but this is cotton.

After that, we went to the Nashville Farmer's Market, which was quiet since it was Sunday, but we got some amazing Greek food for lunch. We went next to Marathon Village, an old car factory. It had great potential although there weren't a whole bunch of boutique type shops. It is, however, where Olan Roger's Soda Parlor is. I've wanted to go there since it opened a year ago, so I was so excited to go. I knew just what shirt I wanted.

The shirt I got. 
I got a Freaking Foster. It was delicious!


If you haven't watched any of Olan Roger's videos, this is my favorite, although it's a little crass.

To finish up, we went to Fort Negley park and walked around what was left, hit Trader Joes for mints (Elsa loves the regular peppermints and we all love the green tea mints) and then Walmart before home. It was a blast of a day and felt like a true break from the routine I was in.


The rest of the weekend was spent playing cards, eating probably way too much and playing with the most adorable niece in the world. She circled around for kisses, hugs and stories or just to hang out. What a doll.


So, the weekend's over and Monday will be long, but I have an awesome new shirt to help the day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment