Sunday, April 24, 2016

A Sleepless Time

At first I couldn't sleep. It surprised be because I was up until 2:30 the night before watching a movie with Mitchell and Anna. I was pretty tired. Or so I thought....

Turns out, I'm stressing about things: 

There's a missing person case right now, I kinda know his sister and haven't been able to get them off of my mind. It feels so much more real even barely knowing the family. I've felt sick about the situation since I heard of it 24+ hours ago. It breaks my heart that the world is as it is. 

I'm the event planner for Cascade Falcon's banquet this year. Basically, I'm going from one person, to another person, to another person, to another person, then back again. It's stressful and I feel like an idiot and middle person... 

Getting close to leaving to go back to Tennessee for the month of May. Wrapping up seeing people, cleaning up my stuff in the house, finding summer clothes to wear, things to do while I'm there and CAP work that has to get done before Falcon. 

I've got Officer Basic course I'll be working on, ICUT radio training to do, get by CAP driver's license, do SLS (don't even really know what that stands for) in addition to my actual CAP job... 

Anyways, I just lay there thinking and instead of stressing, I talked with God. Most of the time I either put off praying until I can get a chance to focus on it instead of letting it come naturally or praying more often. It was good. 

I grabbed my blanket and headed out to enjoy what I knew was going to be the last clean night for at least a week. There was a gorgeous moon, faint stars, dimmed by both the moon and the city lights and the sound of frogs from all around. It was peaceful. I sat in the middle of our Cul-de-sac, longing for the summer and shooting stars. 

After that, I wrote in my journal and took a look at my goal list for this year. I've already done quite a few things on there, so I'm pleased about that. Now I get to focus on the next ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment