Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Planning Another Adventure

So today, I was looking at pictures on Instagram of Fort Worden. A completely different fort from the one we visited.... At first, I thought it was just people miss labeling their photos, but decided to look it up.

This blog showed me what exactly I was missing.... The majority of Fort Worden went unexplored by me and my friends! We explored 2/9 of the bunkers!


So I guess I'll have to plan another outing to explore that part of the fort. I wonder if it is pretty quiet, seeing as even I didn't realize it was there and I did some research... Good thing is, there's another fort, Fort Flagler that is 40 minutes away from Fort Worden. It is the fort that completes the triangle... 


It too looks like a fun fort to explore! And it's on an island! So, for those of my friends up for another adventure... Looks like we have two destinations to check out in late July or early August.

According to Ev, you've seen one fort, you've seen them all. I disagree and can't wait to go exploring again! Perhaps we'll even find a better singing bunker.

And I'll learn from my mistakes and make reservations for the ferry and bring enough water/snacks ;-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment