Tuesday, April 5, 2016

An April Weekend

Friday:
 I was up at five thirty to go watch Ian compete in SkillsUSA with Dad and Mom. It was super interesting to watch him work and see more of the industry I've heard so much about for the past 2+ years. Once home in the early afternoon, I set to packing for the weekend in Wenatchee.



My plans got somehow foiled when Ian (once he came back) got a game he had been waiting for in the mail. A super fun game called Coup. You all should try it. So we invited the Rothenberger kids over (they live about five walking minutes away...) and played the game with them for a couple hours. 

Saturday: 
I woke up at 4am. Way too early to wake up on a Saturday, but it was well worth it. Ev, Jane and I headed out on highway 2 over the pass to go to Civil Air Patrol Washington Wing Spring Conference. We hit the pass at sunrise and it was gorgeous. We sang almost the entire way and complained about the people who were driving slowly. 




Spring conferences is pretty much a day of awards, speeches, lectures and classes, but the majority of the people who go are awesome. Still, there's nothing like getting to see about 100 friends and having to sit through classes. So I ditched the whole class idea. A senior member from our squadron and I hung out pretty much the entire day and got some good ideas down for things to do with our squadron and ways to improve. 

At four, I taught my DFAC class. Well, at least part of it. Half way through my class, another senior member came in and told us we had three minutes to wrap things up and get out so they could do banquet set up. I was a little frustrated because the second half of the class involved a bin full of M&Ms, Skittles and Reese's Pieces. It was my hands on food handler's portion of the class. Anyway, as far as I got went really well in my opinion, but I definitely need to work on my public speaking. 


The banquet was boring, the food was marginal, the dance afterwards was horrendous, but I got to dress up. During the dance, one of my favorite cadets and I went to the hall and talked instead of watching the awkward senior members and cadets try to dance. We had a blast talking and it made my evening! 




Sunday: 
The drive home the next day was fun, Jane had never been to Leavenworth, so we stopped for less than a half hour and went to the cheese shop and the hat shop. We made it home in decent time. Someone in our family had a birthday celebration that day (namely the eldest child) and we made rice pilaf, garlic asparagus, tilapia with homemade mango salsa and Drumsticks for dessert. It was a fun celebration and the meal was delicious! 



Ian and I ditched after the party to go to volleyball. It was a blast to get to play and hang out with friends again. That and Ian's a pretty awesome brother. :-D 

I thought this week would be calm, but after a crazy Monday, I'm thinking I might just stay in my pajamas all day... 



1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I tagged you for the blogger beauty tag/questionnare thingymadoodle that's been going on. :) Details are on my blog

    ReplyDelete