Saturday, June 11, 2016

A Package Arrived

I have always wanted a Kitchen Aid. Like, seriously, forever. Not just any Kitchen Aid, a big professional one. I was tired of making small batches of things in our Bosch mixer, tired or having to make single recipes on repeat for three or four batches, or mixing in chocolate chips or chunks of anything by hand. When I say by hand, I mean, quite literally, by hand, as in with my hands in the dough. I was tired of the not-quite-soft-enough butter that would make the plastic part of the beaters snap off and I'd have to throw away butter...




So finally, after a long time, I finally bought the Kitchen Aid I wanted. A Professional 600 Steel Blue Kitchen Aid. It is beautiful. From the second I opened the box to every time I walk into the kitchen and see it sitting on the counter, I knew it was perfect.


Of course I had to make a batch of cookies to christen it. Or maybe I'm just weird. Ian does approve because it "doesn't have flames", but seems to still eat what is produced from it. Already it's made a batch of cookies and a double recipe of vanilla biscotti. I'd say it's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment