Sunday, June 26, 2016

Back Home

Well, we're back in Washington again. Ian and I spent the majority of yesterday in airports and airplanes. The second flight and the drive home were rather grueling because of how exhausted we were. But we got to sit together on every flig
ht, which is pretty awesome!

Yesterday wake up time: 9:00am
Bedtime: 4:00am (But we were 3 hours ahead... so) 7am

Exhaustion.

I can't measure my experience against Ian's. He traveled 2,369 miles to compete against 44 other kids in a program he spent 2 years studying. I can't imagine all the feelings and thoughts going through his head for the entire week.


On the way back from the award's ceremony, Brent and Chef Becky are talking up front and Ian leans over and whispers "Dude, I got sixth place!" and we high five. 

We had fun together. A lot of fun. We both learned lots and made memories that will last a lifetime!


No comments:

Post a Comment