Sunday, June 19, 2016

Mega Cavern Zip Lining

I've always wanted to do some serious zip lines. Quite different from the ones we used to make and use in the back yard as kids. So I made it happen...

Ian and I left Samuel and Lisa's at 2:40. We had to be in Louisville by 6:30 and technically it's only a 2 hour and 56 minute drive. Somewhere along the way we switched time zones and blah, blah, blah, we ended up with an ETA of 6:40. Don't tell anyone, but I made up like 15-ish minutes, five of which we lost on a bathroom break. I just couldn't wait to go and we needed gas. We ended up getting to Louisville's Mega Caverns at 6:31 to check in for the zip lining tour.



The cavern was huge. The guides were nice, informative and funny. Sarah, the girl, was super sarcastic and perky and Michael had some fun stories in response to our questions on people afraid of heights and such. There were six zip lines, two long suspension bridges and a few other walks high up in the cavern. It was awesome.

The suspension bridge challenge was to keep your hands on your helmet instead of holding on to the edge. I thought it was going to be easy, but then the ground vanished way below me and it felt a little weird. I still did it without touching the sides, but it was very Indiana Jones-ish. They even played the theme song.

The last zip line was a racing one, so Ian and I raced. I guess winning that one made up for the fact that at the water park yesterday, I lost every water slide to Ian.

Anyway, if you're ever in Louisville, I totally recommend this place, although I'd not bring Moms who would be concerned for the well-being of her kids around heights, kinda like my Mom would be.... ;-) It was spendy, but well worth the cost in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment