Saturday, June 18, 2016

Adventures in Tennessee

Ian and I made it to Tennessee last night with no real problems. I thought, for a moment, that we missed our connecting flight in Detroit, but in reality, I had just misread the ticket. We got there just in time to board the next flight. I picked up my first rental car, a little hatchback Hyundai Accent. It was pretty easy and the entire drive to Samuel and Lisa's house I didn't use a GPS. I guess Tennessee really is my home away from home.



Today, we went to Nashville Shores. An awesome water park. I forgot how much I hate crowds of people. They tend to be selfish and rude. At least it's rather entertaining. I've never see so many disturbing bathing suits, hilarious tanlines and over (fake) tanned people. Ian and I went down several water slides (a first for him) and while waiting in line for one, we saw the most hilarious I-didn't-wear-a-shirt-under-my-overalls tan ever. It was hilarious.


They had a wave pool and Elsa and I hung out while Ian battled both the waves and the masses of peoples and their floating devices. Samuel and Lisa got a chance to try out the water slides and Elsa and I had fun catching up.

She loves Ian. She got really tired while we were at the edge of the wave pool and had her head resting on my shoulder. It popped up suddenly and she exclaimed in an excited voice "Uncle Ian (en)"

Anyway, we had a blast at the water park and all of us left a little on the burned side. I'm barely burned, just a bit around the edge of my current tan on my shoulders and a bit on my shins. Not bad, just feels a little hot... We got Dairy Queen on the way back and within a minute and a half of driving, Elsa was asleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment