Tuesday, November 21, 2017

A First

Today, after sending out an email yesterday in regards to an open house I'm helping with, I was asked to make a flier to help advertise. At first I was a little frustrated. I have a full time job, plus packing to leave and then flying in right before the holiday. It felt impossible to be able to create this product before I left.

I have never made a poster or flier before, so this was completely new to me. After looking up some of other fliers for the same program, I had a good idea of what NOT to do. After talking with my sister and then getting completely frustrated over my old version of Word, I borrowed Lisa's computer and used publisher for the first time. It was a great learning experience and I'm eager to work again on that software, but perhaps on my own computer, or at least with a wireless mouse...

Anyway, here's my first ever flier. I'm thrilled that I got it done today, that four of MY pictures are on there and that it's my first one ever. I think it turned out pretty well, although it certainly took me long  enough to make.


Also, cozy fires, cello music and ice cream help the work go by faster.


P.s. If you want to learn more about CAP and what we do... We're having an open house. ;-) *shameless advertising attempt*

No comments:

Post a Comment