Thursday, November 16, 2017

Childlike Excitement

One week. In exactly one week, I will be home. Hugging my family. Hugging Ian, who I haven't seen in nearly half a year. I feel like a child this year in anticipation for the holiday season, even though there are parts I'm dreading. I can't wait to make paper snowflakes, listen to Christmas music and wear fuzzy socks. I can't wait for late nights with siblings, seeing friends and making delicious food. 

I'm so excited that I started sorting through the things I have here. The clothes that are necessary to take home, the clothes that I'm tired of. The ones from the summer days that need to be replaced for winter days... I set aside art work that I've completed and want to show the family, books I've finished, my 2017 journal, which will soon be replaced with my 2018 journal. I have to set aside my camera and paints, because both of those are needed for my month at home. 

But not all my things come home. No, this room here in Tennessee will be tidy and relatively bare until I return in January for another couple months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment