Thursday, January 11, 2018

Passport

Getting a passport was on my list of things to do in 2017. I've always wanted a passport. The ability to travel anywhere appealed to me. The idea of stamping it with locations, seeing new things... But it was never urgent, so I just didn't get to it until November. Plans foiled as I set up an interview appointment and it got canceled. And then I didn't have a car, so I had to wait until I was back in Washington... And then busyness...

When I left Tennessee before the holidays, Lisa gave me a beautiful leather passport case. She has always encouraged me to travel. So before 2018 hit, I had the application completed, interview done and the packet was in the mail.


Two days before I flew, my very first passport arrived in the mail.


For now, domestic flights. But dreams and planning will eventually happen. Top of the list? Iceland. I want to see the black sand beaches, hike to waterfalls. See the Northern Lights and stars. Elephant Rock. After that? Who knows, cruises, Europe.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment