Friday, January 12, 2018

Tennessee Snows and a DIY Sled

Last night I was up late. I painted, wrote, journaled and kept checking out the window to see if the rain had turned to snow. It was still 61 degrees when I went to bed and pouring rain. There was literally water running down the road. When I woke up, I felt a bit like a kid as I checked the weather outside. That water had iced over and a dusting of snow was covering everything. 27 degrees... Lisa left in the morning to pick Samuel up from the airport and I was glad she did it early because it continued to snow for the majority of the day. We have a good 4 inches of snow now. 

Anyway, this evening, Samuel and I looked up DIY sleds and as I looked down the list. The majority were cardboard with duct tape or garbage bags, bin lids. What else could we use? Pillows in garbage bags? Then I saw air mattresses. It reminded me of camp so much, waterslides and sledding, not too different, right? So Samuel sat on the kitchen floor for the next 15-20 minutes blowing air into the twin sized air mattress. Because all the air pumps are in OK. I got Elsa bundled up. Tall socks that went to her knees. Snowpants. Gloves...  
Perks of having a hill for a driveway. It was pretty cold, very dark and still snowing. I love the way the sky turns pink when it snows and the sparkles of snow when light hits it. Elsa loved sledding or sleighing as she called it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment