Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Listen, Learn and Live

The past few days I've been thinking a good deal. About writing, reading, expressing feelings and being empathetic. I've thought about how to listen better and focus on understanding what people are saying rather then trying (and usually failing) to look smart.

I've had the desire to read poetry, listen to the lyrics of songs, sit and watch the sun set or watch bubbles blow away. I've put down everything and just sat, curled up on the couch watching the rain gust down the street and how many thousands of droplets land on the road and tumble down the blades of grass to the flowers. I've put down my electronics and books to watch the lightening brighten the clouds and the thunder that rumbles from one side to the other. It's been peaceful. I want to improve myself, learn new things and listen to what's gong on around me.

Turn on Pandora or your Ipod music. Randomly select a song. Really listen to the words and understand the meaning.

Go on Pinterest. Pick a word that sums up how you feel or what you've had to do that day. For me, it was choice, or decision. Search that word with quote and see the results. It is encouraging.

Learn a new song. Explore your voice and sing with passion.

Find something in your life that you can change no matter what. So when the impossible things (or so they feel) come, you can always know that one part of your life you are in charge of. For me, that is eating well and exercising.

Ask questions and listen to answers. Problem solve and forgive.

Sometimes when I'm creative writing, I find myself wishing to give a character a deeper personality, believable struggles and weaknesses, strong and brave. Then I wish I had a character like that. It makes me want to explore the character I have become and see what changes need to be made

No comments:

Post a Comment