Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Catering

I love catering. I don't have all the legal stuff worked out to make it my own official business, but to my friends and family, Gracie's Tasties is more more than a culinary blog or a place for my recipes and pictures, it is the starts to a business.

I have catered two wedding receptions (one was out of state), helped out with countless other ones. As of now, I have never been to a wedding without helping out in some shape or form. I've cut and served cakes, helped reheat and lay out potluck style receptions, made and served beverages... I've done appetizer parties for retirement and anniversary, served at dinner parties, and even a formal Civil Air Patrol banquet. 

I have been hired as an extra pair of hands for many events, but when I cater the bigger jobs, I hire my siblings, best friend and some fellow culinary students to help me out.  I have had years of learning through Sno-Isle Tech's Culinary Class and through Civil Air Patrol. Chef Becky from Sno-Isle taught me how to price accurately, how to work with a team and helped me learn to clean kitchens better. Civil Air Patrol gave me the experience of working weekend and week long activities in the kitchen. I was responsible for planning, buying and executing meals for as few as 50 and as many as 200 people. I learned a good deal of leadership skills through them, learning how to get a team to work efficiently together and how to instruct teens on food preparation and service through classes and becoming more comfortable with myself. Believe it or not, I am introverted and instructing classes and public speaking don't come anywhere near naturally. My team and I do a fantastic job cleaning up after the event and our food tables always look professional and pretty. My staff always look sharp and have good customer service skills.

Gracie's Tasties Catering can do: 
Plated meals for under 30 people
Buffet style meals for 200 people or fewer (would need kitchen)
Appetizers buffet for 200+ people (no kitchen)
Served appetizers for 50-100 people (no kitchen)
Camp cooking (would need kitchen provided) for 50-200 (budget of $2.50-3.00 per person per meal)
Mini dessert buffet for 200+ people (no kitchen)
Dessert buffet for 200+ people (no kitchen)
Fill in appetizers or desserts (additional items to go with your food)
Other? Just ask, I'm open to pretty much anything!

So if anyone (I know) is looking for someone to cater, set up or just for an extra set of hands, please let me know! My pricing is based on your needs and what type of food I would be provided.

Like my Facebook page to see pictures of recipes I make or events I do and check out my other blog, Gracie's Tasties, for recipes and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment