Sunday, March 13, 2016

Kingston, Ontario

While in New York, we headed to Kingston, Ontario. The shops were supposedly open and it sounded like fun. The hour and fifteen minutes drive was prettier with two gigantic bridges and a views of some of the Thousand Islands.

We drove around Kingston, the architect was pretty cool, including seeing (from a distance) part of the Royal Military College of Canada, basically the West Point equivalency in Canada. I wish we could have seen more of the actual college, but maybe another time.



We stopped at a wonderful tea store which had some of the most unusual flavors. I don't like tea. I would drink only loose leaf peppermint tea, so for me, to drink four different cups of tea in one day is quite a feat. Well, I succeeded and the best one I tried was not peppermint! One had popcorn flavoring, another had nuts as the major flavor. It was interesting!


Anyway, we barely touched the tip of Kingston in the partial day we had, but it was well worth the short little drive and the non-existent border crossings. Plus it was my first time in Ontario 

We also saw a bobcat on the side of the freeway, which is the craziest animal I've ever seen in the wild. It was super cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment