Friday, October 20, 2017

A Beautiful Book

Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell is hands down, my favorite book. There is something endearing about the heroine and some of the supporting characters. There are several...well...cringe worthy characters as well.


If you haven't read Wives and Daughter, I most definitely recommend it... With a disclaimer, however: it is an unfinished book, the author died before it was finished. I also recommend the BBC movie as well.

 I've wanted an old copy of the book for seven or eight years, but finding a reasonably priced and in decent shape book was near impossible. After watching the movie with Lisa last month, I resumed my search. There are quite a few versions that came in volumes, so finding matching ones was nearly impossible. With a decent amount of searching, I found this version on Etsy that was perfect.


This pocket sized version is perfect. It's a beautiful blue color and fine print inside. For how long the story is, it's amazing it was printed in so compact a book! 


This book was mailed from the UK, so I had no idea if I would actually get it. I am beyond thrilled with it and can't wait to spend my evenings drinking vanilla chai and reading this beautiful story again.

No comments:

Post a Comment