Sunday, October 15, 2017

Mistakes make for Learning

I have a tendency to paint the foreground before the background and always regret it. This time, I did the same thing. I was over half way done with the trees when I realized I could no longer do an in depth background like I had planned.
I am thrilled with all the things I'm learning about painting. This week, I learned that gently penciling in my design helps me actually finish a painting. I'm learning to blend colors to get more muted tones or more realistic shades. That the more I practice the better I'll become. I'm learning to not get discouraged by all the amazing art I see on social media.

Most of all, I'm learning that it is good to embrace my style. To just relax and paint and not worry about how it's going to turn out, or what kind of mistakes I'll make. Which is hard for me to do. I may or may not be a bit of a perfectionist.




No comments:

Post a Comment