Sunday, October 1, 2017

Another Type of Art: Photography

Collecting memories has always been important to me. Memories of the good times and of rough times. Of adventures, work, home and life in general. This is where photography kinda came in.



To me, it helps the homesickness fade, it puts me in perspective that times will pass, it reminds me of the greatest of adventures or the smallest memories. It gives me something to share with people.


I worked hard on my photography skills, learning a little (and still learning) about lighting, about exposure and about the camera I use. It's old, so getting decent pictures is sometimes a trick, but I heard a quote once that basically said do the best you can with what you have. I'm embracing that. 


I started out with taking pictures of food for Gracie's Tasties. Then baby pictures while I was/am as a nanny in Tennessee so family and friends can see my nieces. From there it's branched to summer camps, day trips, road trips, catering jobs and times with families and friends. Now, I run Arlington Composite Squadron's CAP Facebook page.


I've always been concerned that I was "stealing" my older sister's hobby because she is into photography, but as I've developed my skills, I figured out we have totally different style and are rarely in the same place at the same time. Plus, she is way more experienced so it isn't a problem.


Pictures are part of me. Now, I almost always have my camera near me. So I continue to take pictures, another form of art.





No comments:

Post a Comment