Monday, February 15, 2016

A Lovely Letter

Friday's mail brought something not for Lisa, Samuel or Elsa, but for me. A bright pink envelope made me immediately think it was Ev or Jane pranking me, but no, it was from a friend. My best friend. And no, it was not a boy. Gracie Hacking and I have known each other's families for over 11 years, but we have been friends for only a little over four years.

We're really coming up on this, Gracie!

She sent me the sweetest valentine I've ever seen. And the first valentine I've ever been given out side of my family. <3


The envelope said do not open until February 14. I did wait, although my brother insisted that I wouldn't. I didn't bring it with me on the weekend away, so I couldn't open it until late that night, actually, it was technically the 15th, She cut out 24 hearts and wrote special messages or drawings on each one. It made me so happy!


Quotes from our friendship made me laugh. Like "Lobster Bisk" and "Hibiscus Tea" she even spelt bisque incorrectly on purpose. Just to drive me crazy... 


Other ones had memories. We've sure spent a lot of time together in the last four years and had many a good conversation late at night, usually until one of us (me) falls asleep, get too cold (her), or has to use the bathroom (me).



Her willingness to help me with my goals makes me thankful to have someone like my twin. And who doesn't like the idea of a World Market date? 


She sent puns that made me groan. Okay, last night when I read them after a long day of traveling, make me laugh kinda hysterically. 


She has a wonderful mother who treats me like a daughter. That or she like my key lime cheesecakes... I can't quite remember. I love Key Lime Cheesecakes... And her. She's amazing too. 




I love her willingness to prank other people with me. Like convincing people we were twins, which kinda stuck. Twins with the same name. <3


That she loves her personality type and mine and when we're together, we can totally be confident in our personalities! 


The results of our last date, three months ago. We've been planning our trip ever since and I cannot wait to explore part of Oregon with my best friend, twin and sister!

Gracie, you make me smile. This loving letter was the best part of my day! I love you so much and cannot wait for our summer adventures and to throw my arms around you when I'm home. I hope our friendship only gets stronger and better as we get older and (hopefully) wiser. That we will still make time to go out even with work, school and life gets in the way. Thank you for always being there for me when I need to talk, rant/vent and think aloud and for always being willing to help with all my catering jobs, for loving me despite my grouchy (yes, I know, everyone nicknames me that) and stressed out times. I cannot even begin to express how grateful I am for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment