Sunday, February 28, 2016

Travels and Transitions

So... I'm super excited. My brother and his wife who now live in New York invited me out to visit as a round-a-bout way of getting back to Washington. I'm really looking forward to seeing them and the beautiful state they now call home!

That also means that I am getting close to coming back to Washington. I'm five days away from leaving Tennessee. I'm torn. There are a lot of exciting things I've been a part of here in Tennessee, ones that I won't get to see the end outcome for a good deal of time. I'm going to seriously miss this part of my family.

But there are good things back at home too. You friends for example. Civil Air Patrol and my leadership position that I abandoned for six months, cooking more regularly, even though I've done a decent job of keeping up my cooking skills, doing errands...

I know the transition home will be challenging. The allergies, moving back into a house with tons of people, sharing things again.... I sound really selfish.

So for now, these last few days, I'm trying to cherish every moment. With Elsa, Samuel and Lisa. And I know that I can visit, Skype and call to talk and see the people I've fallen in love with. And making fun plans to get together with everyone once I'm home!


No comments:

Post a Comment