Wednesday, September 20, 2017

8,765 Days

That's how long I've been breathing on this earth. A few months ago seeing that number would make me feel old, like I was behind schedule in life, that I should be better than I am. Not now. I am where I'm supposed to be, picking away at the life God's given me, cherishing little moments, working through hard ones and constantly clinging to Him through it all. Now I look at that number and think of all the wonderful things I can remember, the good, the bad and everything in between.

Twenty-three was a hard year. There were family issues, friendship issues, personal issues and so many changes (which I'm not great at). I have never cried so much that I didn't have tears, never driven so many miles to clear my head, never talked to people I barely know about my intimate problems. Yet amid these trials, I found peace. I found growth which I was longing for. I became closer to God. So as much as this time was really challenging, I wouldn't trade it for anything.


My hope is that being twenty-four would:
~bring more challenges and chances to grow
~help me face my fears
~draw me closer to the Lord
~bring more adventures and travels
~bring more forgiveness, empathy and laughter
~bring clarity for career choices and my future
~bring more star gazing nights
~be a strong year for friendships
~give me more chances to check things off my bucket list
~bring peace






No comments:

Post a Comment