Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Blue

Blue. The ocean. The Sky. Forget-Me-Nots. Eyes. Sapphires and precious stones. Distant mountains. The night's sky and galaxies. Steller's jays and other birds. Blueberries.

While watching painting tutorials, I was surprised when they used blue in the foliage in trees. Even though I have yet to try painting my trees that way, I noticed on the long drive back from Michigan, that there was indeed blue among the array of colors in the fall trees. I'm not saying obvious blue, I'm talking about the undertones of blue.


Lately I've been loving the color blue. The five different shades of blue that I own are each so different and with different amounts of water or paint, the colors vary endlessly to different tones. To me, blue has depth and character. 


No comments:

Post a Comment