Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September Summer

The last few weeks have been the hardest weeks of my entire life. Even while I've felt a lot of anger, sadness and stress lately, I was shown I have the best support system in my friends and a closeness with the Lord that I've never had. All the problems have also drawn us kids together and shown me that I wouldn't want any other family besides mine. So even though this time is painfully hard, it has helped me grow and face my fears. Amid the hardness of this page of my life there is sweetness I never expected.

A way I cope and think is to drive, so there have been a few days where I went out with no destination. I drove country roads, found new places and favorite places. I painted, walked beaches, took pictures and was thankful... I was determined to enjoy these last summer days. There is nothing like driving country roads with the windows down breathing in the warm ripe blackberries or the ocean. I am still in awe of the world God gave us to live in. I'm cherishing every day, even the hard ones, they are part of my story.









No comments:

Post a Comment