Monday, September 25, 2017

Emotions and Paints

I drove away angry. I had no destination. I needed a happy place. I needed to think, to clear my head. To calm down. 


Deception Pass is always gorgeous, no matter what the weather. This particular day was warm and beautiful. I walked out to the beach and found a picnic table with a gorgeous view and settled in. I had packed myself lunch and made tea. 


The drive had cleared my head a bit and listening to slack key guitar and painting calmed me down. It gave me time to reflect, time to pray, time to focus on something besides the bad. These hours of painting always put me in a good place.


I finished the afternoon up by walking on the beach collecting rocks to paint, taking pictures and singing with the windows rolled down on the drive home.


Anyway, this is me, real and a little rough-edged, learning to embrace the mess of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment