Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Sleep Deprived Traveler

I'm not a particular fan of flying. Something about being stuck in a tube around 40,000 ft from the ground with a bunch of strangers that makes for a less than enjoyable time. Also, as a busy person, sitting still without movement or doing something productive is kinda hard.


With just 3.5 hours of sleep, I got dropped off at the airport. My flight time had changed, so I felt a little rushed through security. The first flight to San Francisco was fairly uneventful. I slept a good deal and listened to Lily and Madeleine.   

The second flight, which was twice as long, was really nice. The middle seat was open and I had the window seat, my favorite. I slept again for a good part of the flight. See why I stay up so late before? Read, watched a few episodes of a show and watched the scenery go by far below.



 I was happy to land and meet my new little nieces and see Elsa and Samuel and Lisa. I couldn't help feeling a little homesick last night, but that will wear off soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment