Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Canadia, Parties and Suits

So yesterday morning after a crazy evening the night before hanging out with some good friends for hours and hours (which was amazingly fun even though we didn't get back until 1 am), we left at 8 am for a trip to Canada to visit Grandma. The drive felt really short because I slept for a good deal of time.





Ever since I've been in Washington again, I've have really bad allergies. Don't really know if it is from the dogs and cats, the mold or dust, but I am having quite a hard time breathing with an itchy throat. Nothing helps. I'm really hoping it goes away because it affects what I do. Last time it lasted for a month before going away.



We hung out at Grandma's for 24 hours, played games, visited and just had a good visit. It was good to see her again although it was a really whirlwind visit. We're home again now and after a break and making the giant holiday shopping list, Ian, Ev and I went to Kohl's and JCPenneys to look for a suit for Ian for the 12th Night Ball.



We were just pulling up to Kohl's when we all saw this girl probably six years old outside the store and crying. Ian immediately told me to go see what was wrong with her and he would (illegally) park the car. I walked up to her and asked her if she was okay. She said she couldn't find her mom. I asked her which store they had been in and we were on our way to the customer service desk in Kohl's when she saw her mom and ran to her. It made me furious that the mom didn't even realize her daughter was gone and ignored her hug when the girl ran up to her.... Some people...

We found a suit and it looks great on him. We also found a gorgeous dress for Ev. A a-line dress with silhouettes of ladies in vintage looking dresses and hats.

Anyway, Christmas shopping and Mockingjay (and I know that sounds sooooo teenaged girl...) tomorrow with Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment