Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Travels and Patience

Yesterday Samuel, Lisa and little Elsa traveled from Tennessee to Washington to visit for New Years. We were all ridiculously eager to see them, but I had really been missing them. Three and a half months with a family makes you really love them and miss things about them. It was much to my disappointment to receive a message from Samuel saying they were delayed in Salt Lake City. We continued to text throughout the day as they found flights and waited. After a long delay, they finally got in around seven (instead of 2pm). We had dinner and hung out. Elsa loves me and called me Gracie and comes to me, which makes me indescribably happy.



Ian and I went to practice his parallel parking. The five who have taken their driver's test have failed and so I was a little determined to help Ian. We'll see if he passes...



Patience is something I have never been good with. I have learned a good deal during the last few years, but for some reason or other, have a hard time gracing my siblings with said patience. Yesterday, amid the cooking, cleaning and waiting around for the visitors, I hit the point I had been dreading. Think about it from my perspective, I have no one but a baby to talk to from 6am-7pm (or sometimes later), My patience ran out and I was snappy. I think I made a good recovery and apologized, so all is well again.

Today we went to Canada to visit Granny (96), Grandma, Uncle Billy and Tracy. I made a whole bunch of tortilla wraps and potato salad as well as mini peanut butter pies and key lime pies. It was delicious. It was also a fantastic visit with the family although the drive back was miserably long. The 15 passenger van had 13 of the seats filled.


Anyway, this is what happens when I am in charge of putting the ganache on the peanut butter pies


Tomorrow starts the real party....

No comments:

Post a Comment