Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Decisions

How to start off this post? Hmmm... Being an adult sucks. Like seriously sucks. Making mature decisions is really challenging. Work, schedules and life goals are hard. Who thought it was a good idea to decide what to do for a career at such an age?

Today another job opportunity came up. Or rather, a continued job opportunity. The job? Nannying for not just my adorable, cute and relatively well behaved niece, but also for a child a couple months older than her. It would be a commitment for several more months, at least to the end of May. Sounds great in many ways, I know I'm good with kids, especially working with more than one and it would be good money. The problem with that is somewhat easy to place. I would be living 3,000 miles away from home in a place where I have made no friends (there is little opportunity to), away from my friends and family. I would miss what could be Anna's last half a year at home before she goes away to college.

In combination with trying to figure that out, I also have to plan for my further education. I know I want to go to college, but for what? Would it be better to get a more generic degree in say, business? Or should I follow my probably unrealistic dreams of becoming a caterer, culinary instructor/leader?

I know what you're thinking. Have I prayed about it? The answer is yes. I have. I've also cried. There is a verse I wrote out sitting next to my bed and I keep reading it. It may not seem fitting, but for me and my relationship with God, it is right.



So for now, I'm waiting and praying. And talking to my family. Here's to challenges and facing them with those who love you most!

Oh, by the way, I was looking up some child care stuff online and was trying to figure out how many years of experience I have... Wow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment