Wednesday, December 16, 2015

New Job

So today was the first time I watched Kovu and Elsa. At first things were pretty easy, they played happily, but not together. It is what they're used to. The first hour and a half went smoothly, then it hit Kovu that his parents weren't there, that he was in a strange house with a strange person looking after him. He cried a lot and I tried my best to figure out what he needed, diaper change, milk, stories. I tried it all.

Samuel gave me some fantastic advice. Instead of telling him to stop crying/stop doing whatever, he told me to praise good behavior, so when he stopped crying for a minute I would tell him he was a good boy... It worked and we rocked for about five minutes before he fell asleep. Elsa seemed a little confused by his behavior, but was good. Anyway, Kovu made watching  Elsa seem like a piece of cake.

Samuel, Elsa and I went on some errands in the afternoon. We went to a jerky shop and got some kangaroo jerky for a gift. Two tactical shops. I love those shops. then to pick out perfume for Lisa (never do this), then to visit Lisa at work and last of all picking up the dry cleaning. It was good to get out of the house and has been interesting spending more time with Samuel.

Anyway, Kovu comes over again tomorrow from 9-2, so a lot longer.... hopefully it goes well. Prayers would be appreciated. On the up side, only a day and a half until I go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment