Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Countdown

It is 3 days, 8 hours and 15 minutes until I get back into my favorite state. I have a countdown on my Ipod that I quite frequently check.

It is a little bittersweet, however. I know that I will miss the my little munchkin, the solitude, the fast internet and not waiting for the bathroom... But seeing my family, the sarcasm and craziness, the cooking and seeing friends make it all worth while. I know the break is going to fly by - it is already pretty much booked. I made a cute little gift for traveling mostly for Elsa, but with something Samuel and Lisa in it. It turned out quite nicely!



Yesterday was different. Samuel and Lisa woke me up at 6 am. Samuel was off for his eye surgery. I slept on the couch until the garage door literally jolted me awake. The surgery was done before Elsa even woke up! She slept until 9:30 am, so it was a slow morning for me.

I felt like a quintessential nanny now. I dropped off Samuel's dry cleaning. Perhaps it is just me watching too many movies with nannies. Anyway, it was fun, Elsa and I got out of the house. She was extremely well behaved and stood next to me while I dropped off the suits and then held my hand as we went to Cato Fashion for a gift. I guess I kinda wore her out, because when I laid her down for her nap, she fell asleep right away.


Later in the afternoon, once the sun had gone down, I got Elsa bundled up in her tan coat, Samuel's black beanie, her fuzzy boots and her pink North Face gloves. We headed out to admire the holiday lights the neighbors have. It is chilly here, but mostly windchill. It was so windy earlier that I could hardly get the door open to Cato Fashion. Anyway, she loved looking at the lights and her pronunciation of "holiday lights" is adorable, yet you know exactly what she's saying!



No comments:

Post a Comment