Sunday, December 13, 2015

Feelin' Like the Holidays!

Well, one of the two problems I was having last week kinda got sorted out. I am committed to watching Kovu (Swahili for Scar), a little 18-month-old boy. It was interesting watching he and Elsa together. Hopefully things will go smoothly.

Lisa and I went shopping yesterday. We got pedicures. It was awesome. Our other errands involved finding jewelry to go with the formal dress Lisa made for a ball they have this week. We found a really pretty, sparkly necklace and earrings. Matches the dress super well and looks classy. And then Sam's club... So Sam's Club has this amazing popcorn that they only sell during the Christmas season. It is kettle corn drizzled with Ghirardelli white and dark chocolate. If you ever find it, do yourself a favor and don't try it. You will get addicted.
The last time we went into Sam's Club, we couldn't find any and today was started out that way. We were in line, possibly the slowest line, when I saw a lady in one of those electric scooter/cart thingies and I saw the distinctive red bag with the purple top. So basically, Lisa and I are a little crazy over this popcorn. We left the line and went in search of it. After a good search of every possibly area it could be in, we returned to the checkout empty handed. As we were walking away with our other groceries, Lisa spotted it. A partial pallet facing the cashier and hidden from view from the shopping side of the store. Lisa went back to buy it, even braving the busy, two-weeks-away-from-Christmas lines. When we got home and had some, it tasted even better than we remembered.

We got a package today from home. No need to be curious about what was inside. We knew. I spent 10+ hours watching, hanging out and answering questions on Skype. I should have popped myself some popcorn. It was rather entertaining. Mom makes candy in a similar way to taking care of us when we have a medical problem. She panics. It's adorable. She hates making hard candies and gets rather hyper. Seeing the busyness of the house was fun as well, it looks pretty funny from the outside with people constantly coming and going, the fridge being opened more times than anyone would care to admit and a lot of sarcasm.


Anyway, the holiday package came today.  Opening the tin of goodies instantly made it the holidays for me. I could smell the Ting-O-Lings' combination of butterscotch and semi-sweet chocolate. No matter what time of year it is, butterscotch reminds me of the holidays. I had a caramel first and boy was it delicious! Silky smooth, just the right size, buttery.There was a new family picture for me.


I have to say, I think it turned out quite nicely. Even though I wore heels, Ian is much taller than I am. Jane definitely wins the award for looking the best. Will there ever be a year where we're not stressed when doing a family picture? This was the day before I left for Tennessee. Can you imagine how boring this picture would have been without me? What I meant to say is... Can you believe how little our family would look if I wasn't there?


Home is less than five days. Busy days though. Samuel get eye surgery done tomorrow, so Elsa and I have him home all week and a car. I'm thinking we will venture out to the Greenway for walks since it is so warm and nice. Now that I've said that, I realize that the 15+ mph winds are probably bringing rain. Tomorrow I shall write a post about the dinner and dessert I made today....


No comments:

Post a Comment