Monday, December 14, 2015

Making Dirty Dishes

I was inspired yesterday by the memory of a restaurant out here in Clarksville Tennessee. Mikado Japanese Steakhouse. If you haven't been to a Japanese steakhouse, I highly recommend it, a good culinary experience, although not great for socializing.

After watching several videos of random people filming their hibachi chef, I kinda got a feel for what the chefs were doing, looked at a couple recipes and made a shopping list.

I decided on chicken over shrimp of beef because it is my favorite. I did zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, garlic and carrots for vegetables. I marinated the chicken in an Asian sauce and made up the rice noodles (first time for everything!). I sauteed the vegetables in order of how long they cooked for. I started with onions, followed by garlic, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms and then broccoli. Tossed it with a little soy sauce and seasoned in layers as I added things.


With butter and homemade Yum Yum sauce, I fried up the pasta, veggies and chicken, added a few splashes of soy sauce and at the table, we added our own siracha sauce. It was delicious!

For dessert, I made cheesecake cookies. The recipe needs a little adjustment, but it had huge potential. I needed to make bigger indents in each cookie so there is a better ratio of filling to crust. Besides that, the fresh raspberries and whipped cream really finished these off.




No comments:

Post a Comment