Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 2015

Today was December 1st. I could not be happier. December is going to be a wonderful month, routine for a couple weeks and then vacation. Best of all, family.

I celebrated today by making paper snowflakes for my room. Two of these snowflakes ended up in an envelope with my family's address. To add to the collection at home that sits in a snowy fury above the couch. A few more are waiting to be mailed out. But snowflakes were not enough, I combined it with The Andrews Sisters Holidays on Pandora, a cup of tea and Spiced Amber candle. Elsa was taking a nap and I had already worked out, so it truly felt like a break.



Some of the paper I used had this cool swirly design on it and seemed shimmery, so the snowflakes that had this paper looked quite cool. 


What I love about snowflakes is that each one is different, no matter how hard you try. Triangular designs are my favorite. These ones turned out quite nicely although I have had my fair share of hideous paper flakes. 



 Today, Elsa and I sat on Skype watching Anna, Ev and Mom make peanut brittle and caramels. It made me a little upset to not be there, doing it myself. I miss the smell, the stress and the satisfaction. I missed the experience with siblings, singing to Christmas songs and booing when Michael Buble came on or pranking the siblings by playing Country Christmas on Pandora (which sucks). Anyway, part of being away....


Isn't it amazing that I could watch this entire process from 3,000 miles away? Watching how home works from outside is really weird, but interesting. 16 days and 21 hours until I get home. I am beyond excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment