Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas Traditions

Now that I finally have a chance to sit down and actually write, I want to share my family's Christmas traditions, silly as they are. We have always celebrated Christmas as Jesus' Birthday. No gifts, no tree... We find a phrase about Jesus' birth either from song or the Bible and Dad draws large letters. Everyone makes designs and colors the banner and it hangs in the kitchen until all the holiday decorations get put away. This year it said "Son of the Most High". This is by far the classiest banner as far as designs go and even though I am not artistic at all, mine turned out quite nicely.





Our other Christmas traditions include watching part of Handel's Messiah (from the 80s, I think) and A King is Born, the animated movie of Jesus' birth. We continue to watch it even though the youngest is a teen...


No comments:

Post a Comment