Sunday, January 17, 2016

Long Weekends

Another weekend off, Friday-Monday. Friday was a lazy day, I slept late, took the day off of working out- okay, just of walking, I still did push-ups and sit ups. And I did two miles on Thursday in order to take Friday off... Working out every day has been awesome. It has now been two full weeks. I've walked/run one mile every day, done 50 push ups and 25 crunches ever day. I'm getting quite a bit better at push-ups, which makes me happy. During out December push-up challenge, I was able to do 5 at a time, but even that was hard. Now, I can consistently do reps of 10, but yesterday for the first time ever, I was able to do 15 in one go, a huge step for me!

Friday, Samuel and Lisa interviewed a woman to nanny Elsa once I'm gone. I'm a little sad that I will be leaving her, but this girl seems really nice, although extremely quiet. She will continue watching the girl she's watching now, a baby a few months younger then Elsa. And named Eliza... That's a bit of a mouthful.

Saturday, I didn't even get out of my pajamas, we hung out around the house, watched a movie, played games and took a nap. It was wonderful.

This morning, after missing walking yesterday, I woke up at 8am and went out for a walk. It was 26 degrees out, but I stayed fairly toasty for my two mile walk by keeping a brisk pace and layering my clothes.



We went and checked out a new church today, which was interesting. I still feel fairly new to the whole church world, which sounds bad, but we've home-churched or not gone to church for as long as I can remember. The music felt more like a performance, and while I didn't know any of the songs, they were simple and I picked up on them. Hillsong's At The Cross in particular.

Oh Lord, You've searched me
You know my way
Even when I fail You
I know You love me 

Your holy presence
Surrounding me 
In every season
I know You love me
I know You love me

At the cross I bow my knee
Where Your blood was shed for me 
There's no greater love than this 
You have overcome the grave 
Your glory fills the highest place
What can separate me now

You go before me 
You shield my way 
Your hand upholds me 
I know You love me 

You tore the veil 
You made a way 
When You said that it is done

And when the earth fades 
Falls from my eyes 
And You stand before me 
I know You love me 
I know You love me

Anyways, it was interesting being in a new place, we'll continue to check it out.

We went out for India food afterwards, which was delicious. After watching The Hundred Foot Journey last weekend, we had been really looking forward to eating Indian food. :-) 



After a long nap for them and backing up my pictures on my Ipod, We played Carcassonne and made baked "fried" pickles. They were delicious. Samuel totally beat us at the castle game. Like totally demolished us. 


If anyone is looking for a new, family friendly, very entertaining game, I seriously recommend Carcassonne. And that way, when we get together to hang out, we can play. Or, if you want to try it out, when I get back to Washington, you can come over and learn! :-D

Oh, one last thing... I absolutely love how my hair turned out today, although it looked pretty crazy in the process (aka, piled high on the top of my head while I slept and went for a walk (thankfully it was all hidden under a hat). I love how curly it turned out and my braid was ssoooooo thick without me having to stretch it at all! Perks of having curly hair!





No comments:

Post a Comment