Friday, January 22, 2016

Biscotti

So another day off of work. It was snowing from before we woke up this morning until about eight this evening. We played several games of Carcassonne (can you tell we're a bit addicted?) and hung out in the morning and I made cranberry white chocolate biscotti. It was originally for fun, but I decided to test my base vanilla recipe and see how it would work with the add-ins since it is such an easy recipe.

It worked out perfectly. I made mini and regular sized ones and while I dipped them in chocolate I got caught up with Ev on Skype. We don't talk very often, so it was nice. We talked a good deal (okay, almost the entire time) about Cascade Falcon, the leadership/aerospace summer camp she's hoping to get a position at. This year will be my 5th year working there. In four years, I have made and served over 20,000 individual meals. It's great fun, but this year has even more changes...







Anyways, I also got outside for a bit. Mostly to take pictures, but to also be out in the snow. I felt like such an adult all day, missing my siblings and knowing that if they were here during this snowy day, we would have been sledding, throwing snowballs, dropping snow down each other's shirts, barefoot runs, fort building, and thoroughly being kids again. I had to content myself with taking picture to gloat to my siblings instead. 


The mail came today, one piece of it. I was supposed to get a package, so I'm a little bummed. But that's okay. I would hardly expect them to be out and about delivering mail on a day like today.


\Usually I would never post a picture of a trash can, but this one is so gorgeous! I love icicles. We do have overflowing trash inside since it was supposed to be taken earlier in the week, but wasn't due to holidays and weather...


A Narnia feeling. I loved being out and actually noticing the little baby drifts around the yard, icicles, ice and sparkles, tons of sparkles on the perfectly white ground. Good day all round and I can't wait for another tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment