Monday, January 4, 2016

Travels

At 2:45 am I got up and got ready for a day of traveling. Dad's gift was in the living room and scared me more then once as it stood, dressed in Ian's coat. Samuel and Lisa picked me up at 3:30 and we drove to the airport. Checking in and checking bags went smoothly because Samuel took care of most of it while I held Elsa who had been sleeping until we had to check her car seat and while Lisa returned the rental car.

Dad's gift
Everything went smoothly, the middle seat in my row was unoccupied, I was on the aisle... Everything was ready, except the deicer was broken. We ended up waiting on the plane at SeaTac for an additional hour, causing us to miss our connecting flight from Chicago O'hare Airport by a mere 15 minutes.
Listening to the Duck Song
My traveling companion for part of the journey
I miss Washington and the mountains there.
 The next flight out of Chicago wasn't until 6:30, so we had to spend 5ish hours in the airport. Thankfully the USO was nice and quiet, so we spent the time there, besides getting dinner. Elsa took a nap and we played cards and snacked on the gift Grandma gave me.

Grandma has good taste in Candy. Brookside chocolates are my fav!
Comfy little nap. 

I was the winner of  the 18 holes of Golf

When we finally got on the airplane, I was so happy to be on the second row, with Samuel, Lisa and Elsa in the first row. It was going to be a quick flight. Then the flight attendant asked for a volunteer to move to the back row, right next to the bathroom, so I went from front to very back. It kinda sucked. It was super loud in the back, but after one episode of Bones and a couple games, we were landed in Nashville. 

Our bags were on the next flight, which arrived an hour after we did, so we had to hang around the airport and wait for them, so we didn't get back to Clarksville until 10:40 pm. Talk about a long day. We made dinner and watched a movie (Okay, I didn't get through the movie) and headed to bed at 1 am... It was a full day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment