Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saturday Morning

I woke up multiple times last night hearing Elsa coughing and crying and Samuel and Lisa trying to comfort her. I half hoped they would take her in to see a doctor because the cough sounded bad. Apparently they were thinking the same thing and they took her to urgent care...

What to do with an empty house?

Step 1: Put on music. Not just any music, but my favorites playlist. Note: play it loud and sing
Step 2: Open the curtains and let in the natural light and turn off the regular lights
Step 3: Do the dishes and wipe the counters. This isn't bad with sing-along music!
Step 4: Pick up baby toys and other miscellaneous stuff from the floor and put them away.
Step 5: Sweep
Step 6: Clean the bathroom (and neglect the bedroom. I still haven't made my bed)
Step 7: Work out while watching American Ninja Warrior (it's inspirational, what can I say)
Step 8: Shower

I think it was a very productive morning. All this before Samuel, Lisa and Elsa got back. She has croup. :-( she's pretty miserable.

While they rested, I went out. I needed to get out of the house after my first week "housebound" although my "cabin fever" wasn't too bad. I decided to check out Liberty Park because Kayla said it was pretty cool. I guess going on a nicer day it would be a really nice park, but today, well, the pictures pretty much sum it up.

This is a walking path




The not-so-perfect spot for a picnic


So yesterday, while texting one of my friend, I was telling him how much I missed Washington rainy days and it seemed not to rain too much here in Tennessee. Well, guess what it did pretty much all day...

Lisa and I went to Sam's Club later in the afternoon. We came back with quite a bit of chocolate and other yummy things. It was fun shopping with her, she's amazing! 

Other news: Little K's parents have been in contact and they are looking for someone to watch him in his house, since his reaction to being here has been so bad. In a lot of ways, it was an answer to prayers, but at the same time, the money was good. I am sooo excited to be spending the days with just Elsa, however, she is a doll and I feel more inspired to get more work type things done. Or at least pretend... Perhaps multi-tasking (x3, baby, tv or music and work)...



No comments:

Post a Comment