Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Starting the Week

I woke up at 4am this morning. That's when my job started. I grabbed one of my blankets and a pillow and headed upstairs. I checked Elsa to make sure she wouldn't roll off the bed, put a pillow in the way. Then I went to sleep on the couch. Yup, I get paid to do this. I love my job.

So Samuel and Lisa got a baby potty on Sunday and since then, Elsa has used it seven times. Every time we put her on, she pees (yeah, you probably didn't want to know this), we're impressed because she is not even eighteen months old. Twice more today... I never thought that I would work on potty training with a child that wasn't my own. I guess I really shouldn't be too surprised.

The last few weeks I've been so busy/lazy that I haven't cleaned my room up. It was really bad, I needed to fold a bunch of clothes, organize my shoes, stack up my notebooks and stuff, basically just tidying. Today seemed like the perfect day to do it, so we plugged in music and Elsa played happily while I cleaned my room. It looks really good right now and I'm so excited to get into a fresh made bed.

What makes me really excited is that we're expected to get snow overnight and boy does it feel like it! It was super cold all day. Best part is, Samuel and Lisa got the day off because of the weather, so we get to hang out and play games, watch movies, cook and drink hot chocolate. It could make for a short week. I should say, shorter week. We already had one day off this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment