Friday, January 8, 2016

Dreams and Risotto

So my first work week back is done. Yes, it was a short week. Good thing about having a similar schedule to the military is that I get all the same holidays and other days off. With only one partial day with little K, it was a quiet, easy week. Elsa got a fever yesterday and slept and snuggled for the entire day. I wrote out some hopes and dreams for this year.


my friends, you must help me....

I also tried my hand at making risotto. I used chicken thighs and baked them up with lemon, salt and pepper and along with 1.5 pounds of mushrooms, it turned out quite nicely. Best part is, it made enough risotto for lunch for all four of us the next day and Elsa loved it.


Looking for something fun to do over the weekend here in Clarksville, but I don't really have any great ideas. I've been pleasantly surprised by how I haven't been too homesick during this transition back, but weekends make me want people to do things with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment